APMG Agile Project Management – Foundation
This two-day APMG accredited course provides participants with a basic grounding in the DSDM Agile Project Management framework.
The course includes the APMG Agile Project Management Foundation examination, for which our experienced tutors provide relevant coaching and practice using sample questions to enable exam success. We also expect delegates to set aside time on the evening of the first day of the course to revise for the Foundation examination – revision includes studying the course material and working through sample examination questions.
The Agile Foundation Examination
There are no prerequisites for this course although it would be beneficial for delegates to have some practical experience of project work within an Agile environment.
Proof of identity
Delegates must bring signed photo ID to APMG examinations (e.g. passport, driving licence, student card) as they will be asked by the invigilator to produce it prior to the examination. Delegates must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found on the APMG International website.
While not required, delegates are encouraged to visit the DSDM Consortium’s website (www.dsdm.org), as an introduction to the framework.
Delegates will learn how to
- Set up an Agile project
- Identify appropriate people for Agile roles
- Define Increments and Timeboxes to keep a project on track
- Manage a Solution Development Team
- Communicate with business stakeholders in a project environment
- Use Agile techniques, including prioritisation of requirements, to ensure on-time project delivery
- Identify risks to delivery of projects managed using the DSDM Agile approach
- What is Agile? And why use DSDM?
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- The DSDM Process
- The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices – Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
- Other Practices – IterativeDevelopment, Facilitated Workshops, Modelling and Prototyping
Agile Project Management Foundation Examination
All delegates will sit the APMG Agile Project Management Foundation examination (a multiple-choice paper) in the late afternoon of the second day of the course.
The Foundation examination is taken at 15:00 during the afternoon on Day two and candidates may take 40 minutes to complete it.
Full details of the examination can be found on the APMG website.
APMG-International Agile Project Management is a trademark of The APM Group Limited.