Leading Virtual Teams
This course will give you the chance to see things from the remote-perspective, as well as the centre-perspective and come up with solid action plans to ensure your teams never feel remote.
Virtual team-working is now commonplace across EMEA, North America, Africa and Asia Pacific, and it brings with it some specific challenges. Some of these challenges include culture, which can play a significant part of effective communication.
Those teams with strong virtual leadership will feel involved and engaged with the rest of their team and their shared goals; this will mean improved performance and less misunderstandings.
You will benefit from this course if you manage remote and/or virtual teams.
Benefits to the Delegates
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create a team environment despite challenges from geography, time zones and culture
- Get on with people as individuals and drive performance
- Feel less stressed and better informed
- Review the benefits and challenges of working in various geographic locations
- Apply different approaches to ensure effective virtual team working globally
- Understand the different cultural models
- Understand your own leadership style in a virtual context
- Practise your style of leadership
What will the course cover?
- Virtual team working
- Global cultural perspectives
- Departmental tribes
- Communicating with individuals
- Building and managing relationships
- Flexibility in leading the remote team
- Team vision