BCS Certificate in Modelling Business Processes
Please note, this course does not include the exam in the cost. To book the exam and take it at the end of your course, please book on code MBPEX-2 with one of our team.
In order to deliver radical and beneficial change, business analysts must be able to identify, evaluate and improve business processes.
The use of modelling techniques facilitates a methodical and effective approach to defining change requirements. This allows public and commercial sector organisations to achieve significant improvements in the efficiency of their operations and the effectiveness of their product and service delivery. This course will help business analysts deal with these challenges. It will equip delegates with the process modelling skills that are fundamental to the successful improvement of the business.
At the end of the course delegates may sit an examination to attain the BCS Business Systems Development certificate in Modelling Business Processes. Following your exam you will be sent an email from BCS asking you to register for your exam. Once you have registered and your exam results become available then you will be able to log back into your account and view your results.
- There are no specific pre-requisites for this course. This course is suitable for those wishing to identify, model, evaluate and improve business processes, and/or attain the BCS Certificate in Modelling Business Processes.
- If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving licence or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact our team.
- BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website. If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks’ notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise us and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy.
Delegates will learn how to
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and model core business processes at an organisational level
- Identify and model business processes at the process level; identify the events that trigger the business processes; and identify the outcomes from the business processes
- Model the actors, tasks and process flows that comprise a business process, and analyse the tasks within a business process
- Identify the business rules applied within tasks, and analyse the performance issues of individual tasks
- Identify the performance measures applied within a business process, and analyse as well as improve the business process