Get a hefty discount OFF with a fast-track one day LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT certification training for up to 10 people from your organization. Price is inclusive of VAT. Registration is restricted to companies only.
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training is designed to provide delegates with a good understanding of the basic Lean Six Sigma methods and prepare them not only to participate as contributors to Lean Six Sigma projects, but also to start to address simple improvements in their own working area. Yellow Belts are not experts in the methodology, but understand the activities, deliverables and key concepts of team problem-solving.
Yellow Belts are expected to improve processes in their own day-to-day work processes and provide subject matter expertise to support Green and Black Belts. Following the use of the Lean Six Sigma methodology for several months, Yellow Belts can choose to continue on their Lean Six Sigma journey by attending the Green Belt training. This will provide a refresher to what they have learnt and develop a greater understanding of the methodology by introducing more tools. The Green Belt also offers the opportunity for further certification.
There is a certification exam of the International Lean Six Sigma Institute at the end of the Yellow Belt training.
There are no prerequisites for this course except a willingness to participate and an open mind.
Key Learning Points
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the key principles of Lean Six Sigma
- Identify improvement opportunities in your organisation (projects)
- Learn the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control (DMAIC) model and some of the related activities
- Use the basic tools and techniques
- Understand the role of Yellow Belts in Lean Six Sigma projects
- Be able to run small improvements in your day-to-day work processes
Lean Six Sigma Overview (history and main concepts)
- Lean Six Sigma as a management philosophy
- Roles in Lean Six Sigma
- Steps of Lean Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Metric
- Effective Teamwork
- Problem Statements and Goals
- The Voice of the Customer (VOC)
- Critical to Quality
- Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Introduction and Measurement Challenges
- Process Performance Baseline
- Process Mapping
- Value Stream Mapping
- Value Analysis
- Types of Waste
- Root Cause Analysis – 5 Why’s / Ishikawa diagrams
- Selecting Improvement Solutions
- Risk Management – FMEA (overview)
- Sustaining improvement
- Ongoing process measurement
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) – overview
There is a Yellow Belt certification examination at the end of this course. This examination is certified by the International Lean Six Sigma Institute