Six Sigma Yellow Belt (with exam)
What you will learn
The Six Sigma Yellow Belt training is designed to provide delegates with a good understanding of the basic Six Sigma methods and prepare them not only to participate as contributors to Six Sigma projects, but also to start to address simple improvements in their own working area. Yellow Belts are not experts in the methodology, but understand the activities, deliverables and key concepts of Team problem-solving.
Yellow Belts are expected to improve processes in their own day-to-day work processes and provide Subject Matter Expertise to support Green and Black Belts. Following the use of the Six Sigma methodology for several months, Yellow Belts can choose to continue on their Six Sigma journey by attending the Green Belt training. This will provide a refresher to what they have learnt and develop a greater understanding of the methodology by introducing more tools. The Green Belt also offers the opportunity for certification.
There are no prerequisites for this course except a willingness to participate and an open mind.
What is included
At the end of this course you will be able to:-
- Understand the key principles of Six Sigma
- Identify improvement opportunities in your organisation (projects)
- Understand and use the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control (DMAIC) model and key activities
- Use the basic tools and techniques
- Understand the role of Yellow Belts in Six Sigma projects
- Be able to run small improvements in your day-to-day work processes
There is a Yellow Belt examination at the end of this course. The exam is online 40 multiple choice questions (75% pass mark). It is a 60 minute exam. A certificate of attendance is issued upon completion of the training.
Disclaimer: The International Lean Six Sigma Institute (ILSSI) logo is used under permission. All rights reserved.