Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) – Foundation (with exam)
What you will learn
The purpose of the foundation certification is to determine whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP.
The foundation certification is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
Benefits to Delegates
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Understand the facts, terms and concepts relating to each theme
- Understand how each governance theme relates to the principles
- Understand the approach to the treatment of each governance theme
- Appreciate how each governance theme is applied throughout the transformational flow
- Understand the responsibilities involved in each governance theme
- Apply and tailor the relevant aspects of each governance theme to a given scenario
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each governance theme in a given scenario
- Application of MSP in an exam environment
MSP philosophy and structure
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes and the transformational flow.
The 7 MSP principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP governance themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- Business case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP® Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
Members of a programme office, business change team members, project delivery team members, anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP and those wishing to pursue higher level certifications (e.g. Programme Managers, Business Change Managers (BCMs) and Senior Responsible Owners (SROs).
- Multiple choice questions
- 75 questions per paper with one mark available per question
- Five questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 marks available) – 50%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
What is included
- Study guides including Video tutorials: Study as you prefer using PDF files, video tutorials, HTML format or podcasts.
- Podcasts: Download it and listen to it at your convenience.
- Interactive Case Study
- Glossary: A PDF glossary provided to help you revise quickly.
- Crossword: Test your knowledge and have some fun doing it.
- Phone App: Download a very effective phone app to study on your mobile.
- Chapter Tests and Evaluation Tests: These tests assess the delegate’s degree of understanding of the respective chapter content.
- Case Study: To help you prepare for the Practitioner course, we have also added an additional case study.
- Sample Papers
- Trainer Support: Email support by experienced accredited trainers during the duration of the course and post course.