PRINCE2® 6th Edition – Foundation (with exam)
What you will learn
This PRINCE2® 6th Edition course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2® 6th Edition project management methodology. During the course we introduce the roles, principles, themes and processes that enables PRINCE2® 6th Edition methodology to be applied to projects of varying sizes and contexts. We also explain the various PRINCE2® 6th Edition management products that will help delegates deliver projects in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
Throughout the course, our PRINCE2® 6th Edition experts help delegates understand the benefits of adopting the PRINCE2® 6th Edition methodology.
All relevant course materials are provided. The course concludes with the PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation Examination.
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attending the PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation course.
Benefit to Delegates
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2® 6th Edition
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2® 6th Edition
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2® 6th Edition project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2® 6th Edition project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2® 6th Edition themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2® 6th Edition processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2® 6th Edition management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2® 6th Edition environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
The PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation course is conducted in such manner as to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2® 6th Edition. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Overview
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2® 6th Edition method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Principles
PRINCE2® 6th Edition operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2® 6th Edition is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Themes
The seven PRINCE2® 6th Edition themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Processes
The seven PRINCE2® 6th Edition processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation Examination
- 1 hour long
- Closed book
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 55% pass mark
Throughout the PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation course, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will go through some exercises as well as ‘question-and-answer’ sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.
What is included
- Study guides including Video tutorials: Study as you prefer using PDF files, video tutorials, HTML format or podcasts. Explain the goals, objectives, scope and detailed concepts of PRINCE2® 6th Edition® principles, themes and processes & and other syllabus areas of PRINCE2® 6th Edition.
- Podcasts: Download it and listen to it at your convenience.
- Interactive Case Study: Professor Bubbleman App to help you apply the concepts learnt in real life scenarios.
- Glossary: A PDF glossary provided to help you revise quickly.
- Crossword: Test your knowledge and have some fun doing it.
- Phone App: Download a very effective phone app to study on your mobile.
- Chapter Tests and Evaluation Tests: These tests assess the delegate’s degree of understanding of the
respective chapter content.
- Sample Papers: To get a feel of the actual PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation and Practitioner exam, take the full length sample papers as part of our online course and assess your responses with the provided answers to the same.
- Trainer Support: Email support by experienced accredited trainers during the duration of the course and post course.
Disclaimer: PRINCE2® 6th Edition® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under the permission of AXELOS Ltd. All rights reserved. The Swirl logoTM is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.