PRINCE2 – Practitioner (with exam)
What you will learn
This PRINCE2 Practitioner course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 project management methodology. It is geared to confirm whether participants understand PRINCE2 well enough to be able to apply and tailor the methodology in a scenario situation. You should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 in your work environment will all be factors that impact what you can achieve.
This certification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
To sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide evidence of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)*
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Benefit to Delegates
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2 project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2 project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2 themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2 processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2 management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2 environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
- Apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation
- Apply the method to a real project
- Apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2 effectively to a project within an organisational environment supporting PRINCE2
- Be able to create and assess management products (i.e. project records or documentation)
PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination
- Two and a half hours long
- Open book
- 68 multiple-choice questions
- 55% pass mark (38/68)
What is included
- Study guides including Video tutorials: Study as you prefer using PDF files, video tutorials, HTML format or podcasts. Explain the goals, objectives, scope and detailed concepts of PRINCE2® principles, themes and processes & and other syllabus areas of PRINCE2.
- Podcasts: Download it and listen to it at your convenience.
- Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2© official manual
- Interactive Case Study: Professor Bubbleman App to help you apply the concepts learnt in real life scenarios.
- Glossary: A PDF glossary provided to help you revise quickly.
- Crossword: Test your knowledge and have some fun doing it.
- Phone App: Download a very effective phone app to study on your mobile.
- Chapter Tests and Evaluation Tests: These tests assess the delegate’s degree of understanding of the respective chapter content.
- Case Study: To help you prepare for the Practitioner course, we have also added an additional case study.
- Sample Papers: To get a feel of the actual PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exam, take the full length sample papers as part of our online course and assess your responses with the provided answers to the same.
- Trainer Support: Email support by experienced accredited trainers during the duration of the course and post course.
Disclaimer: PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under the permission of AXELOS Ltd. All rights reserved. The Swirl logoTM is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.