PRINCE2® 6th Edition – Practitioner
This two-day PRINCE2® 6th Edition Practitioner course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2® 6th Edition project management methodology. It is geared to confirm whether participants understand PRINCE2® 6th Edition well enough to be able to apply and tailor the methodology to a scenario situation. You should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2® 6th Edition in your work environment will all be factors that impact what you can achieve.
This certification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board Members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office Personnel) and Operational Line Managers/Staff.
To sit the PRINCE2® 6th Edition Practitioner examination you must provide evidence of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)*
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
Some reading materials will be sent to you after your booking. You should expect to spend as much as 4 hours on these.
Benefit to Delegates
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2® 6th Edition
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2® 6th Edition
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2® 6th Edition project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2® 6th Edition project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2® 6th Edition themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2® 6th Edition processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2® 6th Edition management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2® 6th Edition environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
- Apply and tailor PRINCE2® 6th Edition to a scenario situation
- Apply the method to a real project
- Apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2® 6th Edition effectively to a project within an organisational environment supporting PRINCE2® 6th Edition
- Be able to create and assess management products (i.e. project records or documentation)
The PRINCE2® 6th Edition Foundation and Practitioner course is conducted in such manner as to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2® 6th Edition. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities. The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Overview
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2® 6th Edition method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Principles
PRINCE2® 6th Edition operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2® 6th Edition is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Themes
The seven PRINCE2® 6th Edition themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Processes
The seven PRINCE2® 6th Edition processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
PRINCE2® 6th Edition Practitioner Examination
- Two and a half hours long
- Open book
- 68 multiple-choice questions
- 55% pass mark (38/68)
*Peoplecert has requested that we ensure that every candidate who invests in training in AXELOS Global Best Practice has the opportunity to attain the corresponding certification; hence, your purchase of this course includes the corresponding examinations. The official certification validates the candidate’s learning, underpins his/her professional standing, and justifies his/her organisation’s investment in training. Certification is also an essential component in maintaining the quality associated with AXELOS’ products and the trust in AXELOS’ Global Best Practice that has been built over many years. Peoplecert believe that, by ensuring that training is always accompanied by an official examination, they can improve the value of the training for their customers and protect the integrity of their brands.