Please note – We advise delegates to bring along their laptops and copies of documents to work on during the sessions.
This course will give delegates confidence in the accuracy and completeness of their written communications, and allow them to make the right impression.
The documents, reports and emails we produce are an important part of our image, both as an individual and as an organisation. Preparing documents and emails which are well written, have clarity and are concise will promote our professionalism and make us more effective.
Who will the course benefit?
This course will benefit those individuals who would either like to refresh their business writing skills or understand how to write whether more concisely or with greater impact.
Please bring examples of your business writing with you to this workshop (providing there are no confidentiality issues involved). The added advantage is that writing created during the course can be taken away for further use. You should also come with your own laptop.
Benefits to the Delegates
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recognise and use the 4-block structure for a letter/email
- Use simple, but powerful words and phrases
- Demonstrate the importance of grammar, punctuation and spelling in business writing
- Apply appropriate email etiquette
- Understand the importance of using plain English
- Demonstrate the differences between active and passive sentence constructions
- Avoid clichés and redundant expressions in your writing
- Apply pyramid thinking to organise complex or large volumes of data into a coherent story
- Prevent mistakes that stop you being understood