This course will guide delegates step-by-step through the minute-taking process; equipping them with ideas for successful preparation, listening, analysis and note-making. The event is highly participative and provides an opportunity for every delegate to take notes in an agreed format.
From formal AGMs to weekly staff gatherings, as a minute taker you will be expected to provide an accurate record of meetings to ensure that the right amount of detail for follow up decisions is recorded – as well as a clear summary for future action and reflection.
You will benefit from this course if you are expected to take accurate and professionally produced notes or minutes.
Benefits to the Delegates
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- List what you need to do to prepare for meetings prior to, during and after the event
- State the role and responsibilities of a chairperson
- Demonstrate setting a well-structured agenda
- State common obstacles to effective listening and demonstrate your own listening skills
- Identify a method of note-taking that suits your preferred style
- Select the important and relevant points from a discussion
- State agreed accepted conventions for the format of minutes
- Produce an accurate set of minutes, clearly and concisely