Developing High Performing Teams
A study involving 100 business leaders (ThinkWise 2015 – Impact of team performance survey) revealed that team performance is the number 1 critical factor that impacts overall organisational value. It also revealed that high performing teams contribute most to improving organisational culture, staff retention, profitability and risk mitigation. The report points out that there are many factors conspiring against effective teamwork. In fact, 6 out of 10 senior executives reported that their own teams were underperforming!
Albert Einstein said the finding a solution to a problem is easy. The hard part is correctly identifying the problem. Many managers are more than able to fix team problems only if they knew what they were and what caused them.
This unique workshop has been developed to facilitate a unique team intervention, based directly on the results of PRISM Team Performance Diagnostic™, a powerful, easy-to-use, online instrument that enables teams and work groups to assess their effectiveness in 16 key result areas that are widely accepted as essential for high performance.
PRISM Team Performance Diagnostic™ provides members of work teams with a detailed picture of how they collectively perceive the team to be performing against the identified key result areas. Although the discrete scores for each result area can be very significant, what is more important is taking the collective and deliberate action necessary to improve the overall teams’ performance in the targeted areas.
Who will the course benefit?
Any team or work group who are looking to significantly improve their overall performance in order to become a High Performing Team.
Benefits to the Delegates
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify team performance issues
- Develop a ‘High Performing Team’ culture
- Achieve team and organisational goals
- Grow and enhance internal and external business relationships
- Enhance team morale
- An introduction to the Lean methodology and the use of HPT
The course will cover, amongst others, the following topics:
- A unique 360 team diagnostic tool (it takes less than 30 minutes to complete online prior to the workshop)
- Half day facilitated workshop working with the sixteen key result areas for High Performing Teams
- Key result areas for team achievement
- Key result areas for team relationships
- Lean concept for process efficiency
- As well as working with the eight cultural factors effecting teams